Sunday, August 19, 2007

WHAT a BARgain...!

i went shopping last night for some kind of allergy relief.
i read that magnesium really helps with mold allergies...also that yeast supplement...
can't remember how to spell it, but something like
aphodopholis...? yikes.

sigh.

and i thought i'd found just the most lovely
air purifier ever!
and it was only $24.99
i slept better
and my face is less puffy.
of course,
this morning i looked at the box as i was breaking it down
and it said
$249.99
jeez...
i can't believe i was so naive.
i probably wouldn't have bought it if i'd really realized the true price.

but now i'm glad i did.

even if it does give off ozone.

the little manual said it's not enough to hurt anyone.
!?
hm....
anyway, it's quieter than a hepa filter thingie machine
and it's made by the sharper image.
don't those people know what they're doing??

we'll see.

i also enclosed my mattress in one of those allegenic casings.
i suppose if there are spores lodging in my mattress, that now they are trapped inside.
not sure.
but for now, it's better than buying a new mattress.

i'm washing all my bedding and bedroom curtains and stuff in HOT water
and bleach if it's white.

oh and i bought an allergenfree pillow and slept on that last night.
just in case.
threw away an old foam rubber pillow that was really really comfortable.
but it could be part of the problem.
hot water/bleach washed my other pillows.
and comforters...

at least i have a plan, right?

now...
aside from my physical health...
i think i'm doing all right.
teetering between the hate-me stuff for all that i still have to do
before school starts (staff days starting this thursday)
and all the stuff i want to do (see friends i still haven't seen all summer)
and so on and so on.
accepting that i can't do everything and trying to prioritize.

mold is my number one.
i won't call it my enemy.
maybe that would bring me more bad energy.
mold is my teacher.
GAWD that sounds so new agey...
but i'm trying to learn what i can from every (even bad) situation.

today:
i will allow positivity to reign.
accept the loneliness that is in my heart,
struggling to know that i actually have what i really want deep inside myself.
i don't need it from another person.
i'm just lonely for the comfort and familiarity of all that.

oh well.

No comments: